Saturday, June 27, 2009

Annette Blair


I began my journey with Art Cloth in Jane Dunnewold’s correspondence course and discovered the enjoyment of layering both colour and images to create my own cloth. I enjoy the boldness of contrast with colour and simplicity of leaf shapes, many of the latter have been taken from my own garden. Lately I have begun to explore the use of stitch as a design element. It is the potential for complexity that emerges as you layer with dye and paint on white cloth that draws me back time and time again.

Biography

Annette Blair is a practising textile artist with a specialty in mixed media. Since graduating with a City and Guilds Creative Studies in Patchwork and Quilting (Opus School of Textile Art London, U.K.) Annette has studied Art Cloth extensively with Jane Dunnewold in San Antonio. Using her garden as her inspiration she uses the leaf and its many variations in her work, inviting the viewer to appreciate this integral part of a garden. Annette considers herself a life long student. “There is so much to learn.”

No comments: