Saturday, June 27, 2009

Patti Pitts




I am a woman, a weaver, and a textile artist, working in fiber to express what I see in the world. I work primarily with silk, which I treasure as a fiber that symbolically reflects both the softness and strength of women. My goal is to share a woman's perspective of the world around me.

Biography

Patti Pitts is a mixed media textile artist in Salt Lake City, UT. She works to express her woman’s perspective of the world in her art cloth. Pitt's exhibition experiences include the upcoming "Twelve Voices from One" (Gallery Nord, San Antonio, Texas) and the 2009 Member’s Exhibit at the Surface Design Conference in Kansas City. She has won awards locally and at the 2008 Conference of Northern California Handweavers. Pitts was one of the principal artists in the development and creation of the Wilderness Quilt, a traveling installation of the Women Protecting Wilderness Organization.

No comments: