Saturday, June 27, 2009

Laurie Dodd



Textures and patterns have always intrigued me. After leaving my business career in 2004, I found the opportunity to explore my own perceptions and preferences for design, color and texture. I began experimenting with techniques to produce unique contemporary cloth pieces that focused on the open space of the background as well as the applied surface design.
From small pieces to whole cloth, my work has evolved into layered designs incorporating geometric and naturally occurring shapes and symbols. My cloth is hand dyed, screen-printed and stitched to emphasize the textures and patterns in the piece.

Biography

Laurie Dodd is a mixed media textile artist living in Denver, Colorado. After completing a successful business career in 2000, Laurie turned to her creative pursuits exploring textiles, surface design and dye printing. Always intrigued by textures and patterns, Laurie began to create unique contemporary cloth pieces that focused on the open space of the cloth as well as the applied surface design. Her work has been displayed in two Denver Galleries and she has a June ’09 exhibition at Gallery Nord in San Antonio Texas. Laurie is a member of a design group in Colorado whose work can be seen at www.artstrings.org.

No comments: